[mmaimcal] Telecon Weds, 2008 Jan 16 1430 UT.

Alwyn Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Sat Jan 12 11:46:42 EST 2008

Folks,

Best wishes for the New Year!

Please join us for our monthly telecon this Wednesday.

 Contact Information

    * 2008-1-16 14:30 UT Please check your local time; it may have changed!
    * Duration: 1 hr
    * USA Toll Free Number: 877-874-1919
    * Toll Number: +1-203-320-9891
    * Passcode: 185064
    * Leader: Al Wootten

Let me also pass along a message from Tony Beasley to the ALMA project:
-------------------
dear ALMA,

This has been an important and productive year for ALMA: both the project
and the Observatory have made great progress. The results of our efforts
are increasingly visible - buildings, antennas, front-ends and back-ends,
correlators (several), software control etc. etc.... Project budget and
scope are in good shape, the schedule could be better ;) , and Operations
activities are ramping up quickly. In the coming year the initial assembly
and integration of the instrument, and getting Observatory operations
fully underway, will bring many new challenges. I am confident the team
we've assembled (including many new people this year) is up to the task.
For another year it's been my privilege to stand back and watch you work.

Hope you all have a good Christmas/New Years break, see you early in 2008.

regards

Tony
I certainly agree; I'm anticipating an exciting year, during which we will
see astronomical fringes from ALMA in Chile.