[mmaimcal] Job Ad

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 17 12:25:15 EDT 2007

Folks

The current NRAO job ad suggests applicants come from a rather
restricted pool of applicants.  I've had inquiries from people who would
be interested in the job but their interests are not consistent with
this list.  Does anyone have any insight into why (who) came up with
this specific list (which I think is very strange)?

tenure track astronomers
REQ NO: CV3631

SUMMARY:  The National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) invites
outstanding applicants for one or more tenure-track astronomer
positions, especially in the areas of time-domain astronomy, solar
system research, exo-planets, Epoch of Re-ionization, structure
formation, Dark Energy and Dark Matter.  Candidates will be selected on
both the basis of excellence in research and on their ability to further
the mission of the Observatory.