[mmaimcal] ALMA Director

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 8 16:23:36 EST 2007

Please see the announcement below which was released by the Board yesterday.
Announcement from the ALMA Board

At its meeting on the 30th and 31st October, the ALMA Board agreed not
to extend the appointment of the current Director, Massimo Tarenghi,
beyond the 31st March 2008 on completion of five years in the post. The
Board thanks Massimo for the many contributions he has made to the
project and wishes him well for the future. Without his energy and
enthusiasm for ALMA, the outstanding achievements of the project to date
would have been far more difficult to achieve.

The Board will initiate a search for a new Director in the very near future.

For my own part, I have certainly enjoyed working with Massimo, whose
indefatigable embrace of all things ALMA has certainly sparked my own
enthusiasm.