[mmaimcal] Meeting

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 24 14:50:52 EDT 2007

Folks,

No imcal meeting today.  Busy getting a plan to address ASAC charges together;
maybe next week to discuss materials for the charges, other topics (ATF
planning?).

Three ALMA Antennas Delivered

Three ALMA 12-meter antennas have been delivered by Melco and the National
Astronomical Observatory of Japan to the ALMA Operations Support Facility
in Chile, joining the VertexRSI antenna that arrived in April. The image
at www.nrao.edu shows the antenna mounts traveling across the Atacama Desert.

We now have more ALMA antennas in Chile than in New Mexico.  Total effective
collecting area at <1mm is among the largest in the world, if only we can
put them together...