[mmaimcal] Operations review report, thanks to Mark Holdaway, Kawabe-san's new destiny

Alwyn Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 28 17:31:30 EST 2007

Folks,

Today is Mark Holdaway's last day working for the Science IPT, and for
NRAO.  I want to thank him for all the wisdom and advice he have so
generously provided over the years.  Although he may be retiring, he'll
always be the Wizard of ALMA to those of us in the Science IPT.  I know
we'll always be in need of his advice.  I wish him every success with his
business and hope, of
course, that it is so successful he might still find time to provide us
with advice on occasion.

Pierre Cox just delivered an overview report on the panel findings for the
international review committee.  I think it was very favorable, and
provided useful vision for the future.  Thanks to all who have
contributed.  Massimo especially thanked Darrel Emerson, Dave Silva and
John Hibbard, who have borne much of the workload getting the Operations
Plan to its present level of maturity.  To his appreciation, I add my own
thanks.

Lastly, at the end of the meeting today, Ishiguro-san announced that
Ryohei Kawabe will be the next Director of the Nobeyama Radio Observatory.
 I'd like to wish him well in his new position.