[mmaimcal] For SciIPT/NA members

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 29 10:07:20 EDT 2007

Folks

I forward this message from Connie Williams for your possible action.
All requests pertaining to travel before 30 Sept 2007 must be submitted
before that date please; ditto other expenses.

During the audit of Fiscal Year 2006, the auditors noted a deficiency in
controls related to the proper accrual of expenses related to FY 2006.

The cause of the noted exceptions were varied but included:

*	Travel expenses for travel occurring on or before FY End that
were not expensed because a "Travel Reimbursement Form" had not been
submitted for processing.
*	Materials or services ( associated with a Purchase Order) that
were received or provided on or before 09/30/06 which were not received
in JDE pending approval or  inspections.  Please note that receiving
must be completed in JDE for all materials or services provided on or
before 09/30/07.  However, if the requisitioner or approver would like
to hold payment for materials or services received pending completion of
inspection or other milestone- the Fiscal Department can hold payment id
notified.
*	Standard Invoices (invoices that are not associated with a
Purchase Order)  that were held by the approver and not submitted to the
Fiscal department for processing.
*	Materials that were shipped FOB origin on or before 09/30 that
were not received by NRAO by 09/30.  Please note that we must review
shipping terms at FY end to ensure that we receive those items shipped
FOB origin if the shipping date is on or before our FY end.

Due to the additional effort and added cost to our audit fees resulting
from these exceptions- I would appreciate additional effort in
monitoring the accruals for the FY 07 close and would appreciate your
assistance.