[mmaimcal] Re: ALMA requirements

John Conway jconway at oso.chalmers.se
Wed Jan 4 08:34:25 EST 2006

> >There was also some disussion about one year ago about the level of
> >Azimuth induced phase errors due to cable wrap (another critical area
> >for antenna position determination), a goal was determined and ICD
> >written. Has this  goal been achieved, what is the expected level of Az
> >induced delay errors and what are the  implications for antenna position
> >determination? Maybe it is time again to look again at the position
> >calibration issue.  Unfortunatley I am no longer funded to work on
> >ALMA - so I guess someone else has to be assigned to look at this
> >problem.
> >

> Can you send me the draft-ICD and other background material?  Thanks.
>
> -- Jeff

Hi,

 Here is the last email I have on the topic, with a link to the ALMA
document and discussion thread. I include the actual CRE draft as an
attachment, it seems that
although the spec on 180deg slews is as we agreed, it is still incomplete
on  the subject of small angle slews, with the specified  angle left
over which the spec applies still written as *** deg ...

  John