[mmaimcal] Re: ALMA requirements

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 3 11:59:54 EST 2006

Recall that Jeff will be speaking this pm at 4 on the AEG prototype antenna
tests.  Jeff pointed out to me that the antenna is supposed to be stable to
 variations which could result in path length changes on timescales of
3-30 minutes or so.  The AEG tests show that there are changes of tens
of microns over these timescales.  Thus, I think we would want to do an
instrumental calibration on timescales of tens of minutes.  That's in
accord with our previous comments.

For further details, tune in at 4pm.