[mmaimcal] Re: [Almasci] [Fwd: Antenna Differences]

Richard Hills richard at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 14:27:35 EST 2005

Mark Holdaway wrote:

> Just blockage -- how would you handle the scattering calculation?
> That seems hard --
> it seems that at every point on the feed leg, I'd have to radiate
> anisotropically about the
> dish and add in the places that were in phase.

I agree - it is a mess.  In principle we can do it all with GRASP if we
have enough patience to put in all the geometry and a lot of computer
time.  It is however my belief that the design of the inner edges of the
legs is such that this all goes into regions very far from the main beam
so I think it is safe to ignore it.

Best Richard