[mmaimcal] Re: [Almasci] [Fwd: Antenna Differences]

Richard Hills richard at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 13:57:48 EST 2005

Mark Holdaway wrote:

> Anyway, as you can see from these figures
>   a) Sources way out there will come in through the sidelobes of any
> of these PB's.

Thanks.  I understand it now - the legs mainly show up as interference
between the blockage pattern and the Airy pattern and it doesn't make
any difference whether the Airy pattern is that of its own dish or the
other one, so you see both crosses in the V*A patterns.

Do your calculations include the signals scattered by the legs or just
the blockage?

> I think the feed leg problems are fairly minor,
> and would rather not interfere with the integrity of the design.

I agree.

Best Richard