[mmaimcal] No meeting today

Alwyn Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 1 14:57:52 EST 2005

Folks

I'm all meetinged out today.  There will be no mmaimcal.

News--resolution passed:
"The ALMA Board concurs with the ALMA Director's recommendation that the
European Executive proceed with the issuance of a contract to procure its
share of the ALMA antennas."

Note that this is the wording used for NA; no number is given.

Beckwith gave the cost review report.  I view it as favorable.  There will
be a delta cost review in January to consider the cost with two antenna
designs, followed by a review of NRAO ALMA management as provided in the
oft overlooked article 19 of the bilateral agreement.  One Board member
was unsuccessful in suggesting (gently; this was my interpretation of the
comment) a review of ESO managment.

Total BCP savings $17M.  Very little science affected.  Leonardo and I
were pleased with the outcome.  Solar filters remain in--thanks for the
help in defense of that Tim.