[mmaimcal] Re: Requirements for surveillance cameras

Alwyn Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 11 10:27:12 EST 2005

Dear Eric

Of course you know the existing cameras are described in
ALMA-90.05.00.00-001-A-SPE with the photos posted at intervals on the ALMA
website
http://www.tuc.nrao.edu/alma/site/Chajnantor/instruments/surveillance.html
These have been used to estimate cloud cover among other things.  For the
purpose of estimating cloudcover, pointing the camera at the horizon
turned out to be a poor choice.  We'll discuss (science ipt) whether one
camera shouldd have a wider field of view for this purpose.

 different