[mmaimcal] Re: [alma-sw-ssr] question aboutfrequency/band switching speeds and rates

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 4 16:24:15 EST 2005

yes - this is why i had the answer wrong on my first cut (not that i
still don't have it wrong, but at least now it's more a matter of style
of how we want to do OTFI rather than just plain getting it wrong)!  the
slew rate for fast switching is like 1d/sec.  but if you want it to stay
within the pointing specs, it's 3'/sec.  and, yes, encoder values should
be available (i'm writing that into the s/w spec).

	-bryan