[mmaimcal] Re: [alma-sw-ssr] question about frequency/band switching speeds and rates

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 4 12:48:11 EST 2005

if i understand this correctly, the only reason to do it this way is
that it is hard to synchronize the changes (to LO and correlator) that
quickly (i don't follow the fringe frequency argument).  otherwise why
would you go to the bother and not do the simpler (conceptually, and
probably in software) discrete phase + delay center changes?  but i'm
probably missing some nuance...

and, yes, this was some time ago - ALMA is starting to get a bit long in
the tooth, and many of the old stablemasters have gone to greener
pastures ;)...

	-bryan