[mmaimcal] i-CAN camera at OSF]

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 9 11:27:53 EST 2005

Hola Folks

There is a live ALMACam at the ALMA midlevel site at 2900m elevation
now, provided by Seiichi.  Mostly it is to show Japanese schoolchildren
the southern stars when it is night here and day there.  I include the
link (in japanese but I'm sure you can figure it out).  I think there is
still some debugging going on so it is sporadic, and usually not there
during the day while they are working on it.

Seiichi sez:
I have successfully installed the i-CAN camera atop the network
container at the OSF.  We expect to have an internal first light event
from 3:00 a.m. on December 9 (namely, very late tonight). From 3:30 a.m.
and on, we will open the camera for everyone in the world with internet
access.

The English page is still in preparation but you will find a hint at
http://rika.educ.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/i-CAN/ .
Click the red circle for a pop-up window and see what will happen.

Feel free to re-distribute this information tothose who will be
interested in.

Thank you for all your supports.

With kind regards,

Seiichi