[mmaimcal] FWD: Contracts now in place for up to 67 ALMA antennas.

Alwyn Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 6 11:01:29 EST 2005

 Dear Colleagues,

 It is our pleasure to inform you that Dr. C. Cesarsky, Director
 General of ESO, and Dr. P. Mauté, on behalf of the Alcatel Alenia
 Space, EIE, MT Aerospace Consortium, have signed the procurement
 contract for the supply of 25 antennas, with an option to supply up to
 32 antennas, for the ALMA project.

 We would like to take this important event to thank all our colleagues
 who have made important and significant contributions to successfully
 achieve this very essential milestone of ALMA. At the same time we
 wish to encourage all our colleagues to continue contributing with
 their dedicated passion to make sure that this very challenging and
 unprecedented project progresses to a success.

 With best regards,

 H. Rykaczewski, European ALMA Project Manager
 S. Stanghellini, ALMA Antenna IPT Leader