[mmaimcal]Re: [Almasci] Telecon 20 July 1430 UT

Ryohei Kawabe kawabe at nro.nao.ac.jp
Tue Jul 20 09:37:21 EDT 2004

Dear Al,

  I will join today's Telecon from my office, but can join
  only for the first 40-50 minutes because I have to leave the office
 to catch the last bus & train to my home.

   The following are things I would like to input into you from Japanese
side.

1) As you know, provisional agreement has been reached on the text
 of the agreement between bilateral ALMA and Japan. We expect that we will
 sign the agreement no later than the early September this year. In
addition, we agreed on that
 Science-IPT activity is a joint work among three partners, as far as I
understand.
 We want to nominate several persons for the teams, e.g., imaging,
calibration etc.

2) We can also join commissioning & science verification group you recently
formed.
     Current candidates are Masao Saito, K.I. Morita, & myself. We will
  search for and hire a scientist who works as ALMA-J system scientist for
 Science-IPT and the group.

Regards,

Ryohei