[mmaimcal]forwarded message from Stefano Stanghellini

Jeff Mangum jmangum at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 30 01:32:49 EDT 2003

Hi Bryan,

"Bryan" == Bryan Butler <bbutler at aoc.nrao.edu> writes:

Bryan> the repeatibility should be << the spec on antenna location determination,
Bryan> if you don't allow for OTT and hence can't measure it well, IMHO.
Bryan> this means it should be of order, say, 10 microns, and over much
Bryan> longer periods than weeks (again, because you can't measure it
Bryan> well).  if you *can* measure it via going OTT, then it can be relaxed
Bryan> significantly - to what you proposed before (i.e., of order half
Bryan> the antenna location error [30-ish microns] over weeks-long periods).

So, it seems to me that the discussion now hinges upon how much better
125 degrees is over 100(ish) degrees for K-correction determination.

Cheers,

Jeff