[mmaimcal]AMAC Meeting postponed indefinitely

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 10 11:38:48 EST 2003

Folks,

Marc Rafal announced moments ago:
"The AMAC meeting scheduled for the 22-23 January has been postponed.
Unfortunately, several of the committee members were unable to attend.
The ALMA Board decided today that they would prefer to reschedule the
meeting when a larger number of committee members could attend.

"On behalf of the ALMA Board and the JAO, I'd like to apologize to
everyone for the short notice and thank everyone for the work that has
already gone into preparing for this meeting. I will let you know about
rescheduling as soon as a date is selected.

"In the meantime, the JAO has asked that ALMA project people not cancel
their travel plans and arrive as scheduled in Socorro. We will use the
opportunity to tour the Vertex antenna and work on completing the level
two and level three milestones, as well as other topics that will
benefit from having everyone together. We will distribute shortly a
revised schedule for the splinter meetings that were scheduled around
the AMAC meeting."

I still plan to be at the AOC on 20-25 Jan but the report I was planning
to deliver will be put on hold; if I have asked you for materials or if you
were planning to submit some you may return to more useful pursuits.