[mmaimcal]Re: reconfiguring

Min S. Yun myun at bonito.astro.umass.edu
Fri Dec 13 16:21:48 EST 2002

Hi Gang,

Most of these issues were discussed at some level before, and
it is interesting which idea has survived the test of time.
My recollection as an early participant in this work and as an
ASAC observer is that the reconfiguration cycle time discussed
in the past (at least when the configuration style and reconfiguration
modes were being decided) were shorter. There were discussions of
going to Y+ configuration only every other times or so, because of the
large overheads in the reconfiguration, etc.

I don't think the whole ASAC would care to look at all these e-mail
exchanges, but I suspect many members of ASAC have an opinion on
this.  If someone can put together a straw reconfiguration plan
and a summary of the relevant discussions (e.g. Bolivian winter),
I would like to forward it to the ASAC and hear some of their voices.
What do you think, Al?

					-- Min

Min S. Yun				e-mail: myun at astro.umass.edu
Assistant Professor			phone:  (413) 545-2215
Astronomy Department			FAX:    (413) 545-4223
University of Massachusetts             http://www.astro.umass.edu/~myun
Amherst, MA 01003