[mmaimcal]Re: reconfiguring

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 11 12:40:14 EST 2002

Interesting discussions.  I think the best thing to do now is to
settle on a reasonable plan--the one Mark proposed taking as a straw-plan
seems good to me--and working out the ramifications.

Personally, I don't think we should worry about the Bolivian Winter
right now, except that I'd probably avoid positioning Y+ during it.
I've always thought that it would be best to schedule more compact
configurations and lower frequencies then, but I wouldn't make that a
driver for now.  I think that means avoiding 1 Jan - 15 Feb in Y+
configuration.  I think that we need to begin at least with a
fairly inflexible reconfiguration
plan and feel our way into a plan with parameters as variable as
making a decision a few weeks ahead of schedule.  The dynamic scheduler
should of course be built with that notion considered and operations plans
should as well.