[mmaimcal]Meeting

Bryan Butler bbutler at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Dec 10 17:28:09 EST 2002

i would guess that we might not want to sit in the full resolution Y+
for a full 2 months.  cut that in half, perhaps.  just a thought.
unfortunately, that doesn't solve the problem, since you only gain
4 weeks per year from that.

i would attempt to up the number of moves per week, probably.  how
about 10 moves per week (3 each on M/W/F, and 1 extra one, whichever
day allows it [i.e., if it's OK on monday, do it]).  this buys you
an extra 25% on the marching.  this, along with the decreased time
in the full Y+, might save you enough to cycle through sensibly
(my rough numbers provide: 7.5 weeks COMPACT; 14.5 weeks march OUT;
3.5 weeks Y+; 14.5 weeks march IN = 40 weeks.).  hmmm.  as mark
points out, this is a 3 year cycle to go through seasons...  going
to 12 moves per week, which is 4 per day on M/W/F gives you a total
move time of 35 weeks, which gives you seasonal cycling in a 2 year
timescale - that might be quick enough.

how many intermediates are there between the outermost conway config
(4 or 5 km max baseline) and the full Y+?  we've discussed before
skipping those intermediates.  how much time is saved if you do that?

	-bryan