[mmaimcal] High altitude rules

Harvey S. Liszt hliszt at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 6 08:17:46 EDT 2001

All--

I was not solely responsible but I was largely responsible
for overturning the rule regarding the necessity of having a
physical before working at the JCMT.  I think it was pretty
much the case that the results of the physical were being used
solely to further a medical study and had no practical benefit
to either the JCMT, astronomy, or astronomers.  In any event the
results of the study were seriously skewed because it had become
the practice in Leiden (for instance) for many astronomers to
clone one medical report and submit forged copies as their own ...

regards, Harvey

--
Harvey S. Liszt                            www.cv.nrao.edu/~hliszt
Scientist                                  work: 804.296.0344 fax: 0278