[mmaimcal] draft memos

Mark Holdaway mholdawa at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 1 18:54:16 EDT 2001

Fellows,

I've got drafts of three memos on the web now in .ps form at

http://www.tuc.nrao.edu/~mholdawa

The dispersive phase memo is in good shape, though Juan Pardo
hasn't seen it yet for comments.  I believe I've finally got
this story right, though.

The fast switching memo is in good shape.  It could probably
use some rewriting, but the facts won't change.

Image Plane Calibration Effects is grossly incomplete.  It focusses on one
topic, which I think will help many high dynamic range observations
and will fix a host of image-plane problems.  I need to write some
more about the more general problem of primary beam calibration, ie,
estimate the level at which we will know the primary beam and how well
we will be able to image with that primary beam knowledge, etc....

Sorry about being "down to the wire" on this.

Take care,

	-Mark