[mmaimcal] SMA as the ACA

Harvey Liszt hliszt at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 19 15:21:07 EDT 2001

This week's Science magazine discusses the SMA's long-kept-under-wraps
funding problems as part of a larger discussion of unhappiness at both
CFA and the Smithsonian at large. Originally (1984) a $25,000,000
project to be done in 6 years.  Present cost estimate, $70,000,000.

regards, Harvey

--
Harvey Liszt                             phone:434.296.0344 fax 0278
Scientist                                 home:434.973.3744 fax same
National Radio Astronomy Observatory    mailto:hliszt at nrao.edu
520 Edgemont Road                         http:www.cv.nrao.edu/~hliszt
Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475