[mmaimcal] Band 6 Optics Question

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 11 14:51:11 EDT 2001

Hi Mark

No, I haven't done any analysis.  My comment was only based on the
fact that the optics was designed to -12 dB and in fact missed entirely
only achieving -8 to -11.  As you mentioned, errors in this direction
affect various spillovers; I would imagine they can only make ground pickup
etc a more severe problem.

I didn't have any speculation on how they might
affect imaging; your calculations are interesting though as you say the
difference would only be slight and tend to support my gutfeeling claim.
Thanks.