[mmaimcal] Viallefond's contribution

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 16 13:22:03 EST 2001

>From Viallefond (my translation):
   I would wish to have approximately 10 A 15 minutes to present to the
   PdR the work which I made to evaluate the merits of an
   interferometer heterogene by including a certain number of small
   antennas to the 64 antennas of 12m. I am entrain de rediger(?) a document
   on this subject (document redige currently to the 3/4). The subjects
   approach will be: - the study of configurations for the small antennas
   on the basis of maximization of the sensitivity between 0 and 1.3*12m
   and the minimization of the effects of shadowing. - relative merits
   between various options: numbers small antennas, their diameter
   according to their number, one or more configurations, which can
   bring the correlations small-large antennas, the degree of
   complementarity with spacing zero, possible impact on a compact
   configuration of the antennas of 12m. I am  working on the correlation part
   of  small-large the correlation part antennas which I go rediger by
   Saturday. The written document should be ready for Monday.