[mmaimcal] stretched E and D arrays

Min S. Yun myun at bonito.astro.umass.edu
Wed Feb 14 18:38:56 EST 2001

In case it has not been made clear, I had always imagined that
reconfiguration of 64 element donut array would be done in
16 antennas at a time -- a full reconfiguration takes moving
32 antennas, but we can visit 2:1 (or 3:1 if needed) elongation
hybrid array in between.  So, no extra moves are required for
the hybrid array in this case.

What I have not had time to investigate in detail
is the imaging performance of these hybrid arrays, but I
suspect they will be reasonable for low elevation sources
because of foreshortening of the N-S projection.  I will try to
do this before heading out to Grenoble, but I have only one day
before leaving for ASAC....

				-- Min