[mmaimcal]Comments? ALMA Configuration CDR plans

Al Wootten awootten at NRAO.EDU
Tue Dec 18 13:38:09 EST 2001

To Configuration Group and Interested Parties

Details of the Configuration CDR
    Date: January 24-25, 2002
    Location: Array Operations Center, NRAO, Socorro, N. M.

Access:
     Fly into Albuquerque.  Details on making your way from the Albuquerque
airport to Socorro will be forthcoming.  It is about 70 miles, one hour.

Lodging:
     The CDR occurs just after the EVLA LO/IF PDR to be held 22-23 Jan, and
before the NSF review of AUI, to be held the following week.  We will
lodge visitors in the Visiting Scientist Quarters and local hotels.
Please let me know your plans for arrival and departure dates as soon as
possible.  Note that if you plan a Saturday night stayover, the ski areas
at Santa Fe (quite a charming town) are about an hour north of the airport
in Albuquerque.  If enough are interested in visiting the VLA, about an
hour west of Socorro, that may be arranged also.  You will not see much of
the ALMA prototype antenna at this early date.

2) Attendant List (PLEASE COMPLETE)

        Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
        Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
        Steve Myers smyers at nrao.edu
        Crystal Brogan cbrogan at nrao.edu
        Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
        John Conway John Conway <jconway at oso.chalmers.se>
        Frederic Gueth  Frederic Gueth <gueth at iram.fr>
        Stephane Guilloteau "Stephane Guilloteau" <guillote at iram.fr>
        Steven Heddle  "Steven Heddle" <steven at kw15.co.uk>
        Mark Holdaway mholdawa at nrao.edu
        Jeff Kingsley, Antenna Division Head jkingsle at nrao.edu
        Jerome Pety Jerome Pety <pety at iraux2.iram.fr>
        Jeff Mangum,  jmangum at nrao.edu
        Koh-Ichiro Morita  "Morita, Koh-Ichiro" <morita at nro.nao.ac.jp>
        Simon Radford,  Site Division Head sradford at nrao.edu
        Gie Han Tan, System engineering Gie Han Tan <ghtan at eso.org>
        Francois Viallefond
        Frederic Boone <frederic_boone at yahoo.fr>
        Adrian Webster
        Al Wootten
        David Woody
        "Seiichi Sakamoto" <seiichi at nro.nao.ac.jp>
        Eric Anterrieu (Eric.Anterrieu at cerfacs.fr)
        Dick Kurz <rkurz at eso.org>,
        "Jacob Baars" <jbaars at eso.org>,
        "Robert Brown" <rbrown at NRAO.EDU>,
        "Marc Rafal" <mrafal at NRAO.EDU>,
        + ASAC members to be confirmed

Invited members / reviewers
    Lee Mundy
    Mel Wright
    David Woody

3) Documents
      To be ready 2 weeks in advance for distribution, or 9 January
        - Spiral concept (Conway)
        - uv-metric concept (Boone)
        - Hybrid concept (Webster)
        - Imaging tests (Guilloteau, Heddle, others?)

4) Goal of the meeting: select a baseline design to continue with detailed
implementation work ...
CDR Review Guidelines Version 2 - 98November09 P. J. Napier
 The purpose of the CDR of an MMA Subsystem is principally to review 3
    questions:
(1) Are the detailed requirements for the subsystem complete and adequate?
(2) Will the design selected for implementation on the test array meet the
     requirements?
(3) Are interfaces to other subsystems defined adequately and completely?
(4) Has adequate attention been given to the produceability and maintainability
     of the subsystem?
Meeting organization and attendance to be the same as a PDR. MMA199901-0010

Actually, there are four, and we aren't MMA anymore but the rules have not
changed...

Agenda of PDR:
http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/almaconfigpdragenda.html
Report of PDR:
http://www.alma.nrao.edu/administration/designreviews/configurationpdr.html
Could you please (1) confirm your participation as soon as possible, and
(2) give me the following information before January 4 :
Date of arrival :
Date of Departure :
Need for a single or double-room ?