[mmaimcal]ALMA Configuration CDR

Al Wootten awootten at NRAO.EDU
Mon Dec 3 10:04:52 EST 2001

Dear Division Heads, Team Leaders and Others,

The ALMA Configuration CDR will be held in Socorro, N. M. on 24-25 January
2002.  Details will be forthcoming at a later date.  As you know, Division
Heads are invited to attend a CDR, so please let me know if you wish to attend.

We are in the process of forming the committee, and details of its membership
will also be forthcoming,  A campaign is underway now on the site to
evaluate pad positions resulting from the work of John Conway (OSO),
Adrian Webster (ROE) and Frederic Boone (Meudon).  Next week, several
engineers will examine access to the proposed pad positions, which center
on Chajnantor-S and extend out from there to the 14km ring around Chascon.
Any concerns which might benefit from exposure to the engineers or the site
team should be addressed to Simon Radford asap.

Chajnantor-S is located at:
627807 E, 7453229 N

Coordinates, etc.
http://www.tuc.nrao.edu/alma/site/Chajnantor/maps/coordinates.html

Maps, etc.
http://www.tuc.nrao.edu/alma/site/Chajnantor/maps/

Mask
ftp://ftp.aoc.nrao.edu/pub/staff/bbutler/newmask5-new.FITS.gz

| Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	 |
| Project Scientist, Atacama Large Millimeter Array/US   |
| Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory       |
| 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475, USA |
| (804)-296-0329 voice             Help us build The ALMA|
| (804)-296-0278 FAX               {>    {>    {>    {>  |