[mmaimcal] Re: [alma-sw-ssr] Band switching times revisited...

Darrel Emerson demerson at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 30 12:57:08 EDT 2001

I'm sorry that the wording in my note was ambiguous.

   Altogether, there will be 3 bands ready for operation.  One will be
in use, typically one will be the 90 GHz band for pointing, and there's
one other.  So, it would be possible to observe at one high frequency,
switch in 1.5 seconds to another high frequency band, and still have the
90 GHz pointing system ready.

   It MAY be that we can do better than that.  It's all a matter of
cryogenic loading.  We won't know if we can do better until after
receivers are built.

		Cheers,
			Darrel.