[mmaimcal] Widgets: forwarded message from Darrel Emerson & J. Payne

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 19 16:56:05 EDT 2000

Subject: Widgets
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:36:36 -0700
From: John Payne <jmpayne at nrao.edu>
To: Jennifer Neighbours <jneighbo at tuc.nrao.edu>
CC: Andrey Baryshev <A.M.Baryshev at sron.rug.nl>,Matthew Carter
<carter at iram.fr>, Brian Ellison <b.ellison at rl.ac.uk>,James Lamb
<lamb at ovro.caltech.edu>,Yutaro Sekimoto <sekimoto at nro.nao.ac.jp>, John
Payne <jpayne at nrao.edu>,Darrel Emerson <demerson at tuc.nrao.edu>,"Larry
D'Addario" <ldaddari at tuc.nrao.edu>,Wes Grammer <wgrammer at tuc.nrao.edu>,
Wolfgang Wild <wild at astro.rug.nl>

hi Everyone,
             A little late but  Wolfgang and I have started at least
looking at
the widget problem. Just as a check
 -first the list of possible widgets:
                                     1) Ambient load.
                                     2) Semi transparent load.
                                     3) Quarter Wave plate. ( maybe-for
how many
bands?)
                                     4) Solar Attenuator.
     Is this a complete list as far as we know?
                                                   John.