[mmaimcal] Widgets: further forwarded messages from Darrel Emerson

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 19 16:33:58 EDT 2000

From: Jeff Mangum <jmangum at tuc.nrao.edu>
To: Darrel Emerson <demerson at nrao.edu>
CC: awootten at pisco.tuc.nrao.edu, Andrey Baryshev <A.M.Baryshev at sron.rug.nl>,
        Matthew Carter <carter at iram.fr>, Brian Ellison <b.ellison at rl.ac.uk>,
        James Lamb <lamb at ovro.caltech.edu>,
        Yutaro Sekimoto <sekimoto at nro.nao.ac.jp>, John Payne <jpayne at nrao.edu>,
        Wolfgang Wild <wild at astro.rug.nl>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Widgets]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:53:15 -0700

Hi Folks,

Just a minor comment on John's widget list...

The semi-transparent load could probably be incorporated into the
ambient load system, if we do it at all.  At this point, I don't see
any advantages to the semi-transparent load except for the fact that
it avoids possible compression in the receiver system.  Note too that
our intention is to test the two-load apex calibration (BIMA-style)
system.