[mmaimcal] Meeting

Bryan Butler bbutler at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Oct 5 13:42:51 EDT 2000

one small comment on what min just sent...

> Also, using just a hand-held GPS unit may not be
> accurate enough for this exercise.

with SA turned off now, you can get pretty good positions with
the hand-held units, can't you?

anyway, the point isn't to get *particularly* accurate GPS measurements
in the first go-around, but rather to just get them good enough that
the contractors can easily find the locations when they go back to
revisit them.  i would think that you can get +- a few m with a hand-held
in just a few mins now, which should be plenty good enough (providing
that we make the markers visible from many meters - something we'll have
to work on, given past experience with the flags getting tattered!)...

	-bryan