[mmaimcal] Brown message on small antenna array

morita morita at nro.nao.ac.jp
Tue Jun 27 18:40:26 EDT 2000

Hi Min,

I am sorry that I could not attend today's IMCAL meeting.

As you know, I concentrated to study about imaging problem
due to the pointing error for this two month.
So, my work for the UCA or ACA or THz array has been stopped.
But, Japanese colleagues asked me to go forward and I am
preparing to re-start.

Short memo of my study until this March is available at my web site.
    http://www.tuc.nrao.edu/~kmorita/CONFIG/UCA1.html

Imaging simulations without noise and pointing error did not show
dramatic improvement of imaging quality by the UCA.
I think realistic simulation including such errors will be important.

Regards,
Koh-Ichiro