[mmaimcal] ISO_Calibration_Sources

Min Yun myun at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Jul 24 18:35:42 EDT 2000

From: ISO Helpdesk <helpdesk at iso.vilspa.esa.es>
Subject: ISO_Calibration_Sources
To: myun at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:08:54 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear colleague,

During the preparation and execution of the European Space Agency's
Infrared Space Observatory (ISO) mission extensive programmes were
conducted to establish catalogues of celestial calibration standards
adequate to support the calibration needs of the mission.  These
programmes have led, in particular, to the production of sets of stellar,
asteroidal and planetary calibration sources - both photometric and spectral,
often spanning the full 2.5 to 240 micron wavelength range of ISO.

We would like to draw your attention to this, now publicly available,
database of near to far-infrared calibration sources, which you can find
- along with comprehensive explanatory and reference material, at:

  http://www.iso.vilspa.esa.es/users/expl_lib/ISO/wwwcal/

We hope that the astronomical community will find these products of
the ISO mission useful in a wide range of applications.

  Martin Kessler (ISO Project Scientist), Leo Metcalfe, Alberto Salama
  on behalf of all calibrators that contributed to this activity
  over many years.