[mmaimcal] Correlator reconfiguration time

Brian Glendenning bglenden at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Mar 17 11:38:59 EST 1999

I am less worried about a spec for the correlator dump time. As I understand
it this time is apt to be ~1ms for autocorrelations and ~10ms for cross
correlations (I actually thought that it was to be ~1ms for both, however
Chuck Broadwell told me these numbers yesterday).

However the reconfiguration times (mode changes) will depend on
architectural decisions which are not yet known. If the new correlator is
implemented like previous correlators, these changes might take several or
many seconds. This is the spec that I'm trying to get a handle on.

Brian