[mmaimcal] Pie Chart

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 12 14:16:30 EST 1999

Ignoring linewidth for the moment, let us see a pie diagram--z as the
radial coordinate with RA as the angular coordinate, with declination
collapsed--showing the galaxies that will be detected in a line.  Included
here are all CO lines from J=3->2 (none) to J=17->16.  I also include
CII and NII with the assumption that they will be no brighter than the CO
lines, a fairly safe assumption I believe.  352 galaxies are bright enough
to be detected in some line or combination of lines in several hours
integration.  My earlier estimates did not take into account that many
of the galaxies are at great distances; there is nearly complete coverage of
z at higher redshifts, with several lines within the bandpass for an
increasing number of galaxies by the higher redshifts.

The diagram is at:
http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/hizmols.html

Comments?