[mmaimcal] 64 antenna optimization

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Mar 8 11:55:35 EST 1999

Al,

I have carried out the optimization of the compact configuration with
64 antennas. I have the original configuration (three circles) and the optimum
configurations for the circle areas of optimization with radius 10 and 20
sinthesize beam. The plots of relevant beams are available also.
The three conviguration plots (64_3CIR160.CONF, 64_10_160.CONF, 64_20_160.CONF)
and the relevant beams pattern (64_3CIR160.BEA, 64_10_160.BEA, 64_20_160.BEA)
are put at my(under nrao) anonymous ftp area: /pub/staff/lkogan.

The files are in PS format. The beams shape shows the optimization in the
predicred area. Original configuration has sidelobes 13%.

The optimum configuration for the big area (20 sinthesized beam) gives
sidelibes better 4%.

The optimum configuration for the small area (10 sinthesized beam) gives
sidelibes better 1%.

The primary beam of the 12 meter antenna should have the 0.5 double width
11" at the used wavelength 0.85mm.

The minimum spacing 15m used as a constrain at the optimization.

We can discuss these data today or at the next meeting.

Leonia