[mmaimcal] Re: MMA configurations

Simon Radford sradford at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 21 20:11:15 EDT 1999

Min,

Thanks for your comments. So you and Al beat me to the idea of doing the
10 km array half as often as the others. Bully for you!

I agree roads will be curvy, not straight. But I hope the roads will
have some radial component, which would shorten the distances. My
intent, however, was to point out the difference in reconfiguration
times for the different sizes.

If the transporter can really speed along at 10 km/h, I will be hard
pressed to walk (jog!) alongside at 5000 m, even on flat ground. Perhaps
you are in better shape than I! Anyway, will we really need all those
people?

Let's get a baseline reconfiguration plan written down somewhere (the
project book?). Then we can refine it.

Simon