[mmaimcal] survey requirements

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Apr 29 00:08:48 EDT 1999

Mark,

Of course you right about 10 meters.

You wrote:

>Rotation of the array conserves the general properties of the snapshot
>coverage and snapshot beam, but not necesarily the long track beam and
>coverage.

I thought first of all about the side lobes level inside of the given circle
in the sky.

Rotation of the array can not increase the worst side lobe inside of
the given circle in the sky even for the long track beam.

The configurations which we want to have give simmetrical UV coverage
for snapshot. At least those configurations which I created gives very
symmetrical coverage. I think long tracks will not destroy the symmetry.

So rotation of the array should conserve the UV coverage including
the long tracks case.

Thank you

Leonia