[mmaimcal] Updated Agenda ImCal Meeting NEW TIME THIS WEEK ONLY

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 16 16:42:27 EDT 1999

Agenda with links (in white, Simon!) at
http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/19april99.html

MMA Imaging and Calibration Group

Minutes for meeting Mon, 19 April 1999 at 11am EDT.

Date: 19 April 1999

Time: 11:00 am EDT (9:00 am Socorro, 8:00 am Tucson)

Phone: (804)296-7082 (CV SoundStation Premier Conference phone).

Past minutes, etc on MMA Imaging and Calibration Division Page

Agenda

--------

MAC Meeting - Wootten

We will discuss items arising at the MAC meeting on 14 April 99. Examine the
WWW pages at www.mma.nrao.edu/science/science99.html for errors. Try out the
registration, please. The MAC would like to see the action list on its
agenda each time.
--------

Total Power Mapping --'Holdaway Holdover' Memo - Butler

*We will discuss Holdaway's Protomemo (postscript) on total power mapping.
--------

M51 Far, far away -- Yun

Min has made a simulation of M51 Long, long ago. I thought it was a bit
sobering. --------

22/183 GHz meeting plans - Ensemble

We could have this meeting over the phone, or face to face, perhaps on the
occasion of the MOC meeting or?

--------

Correlator Dumptime - Rupen

Michael will lead a discussion of how the upscoping of the array affects the
discussion in his memo No. 194 .

--------

Action Items 8Mar99

UPCOMING REVIEW: On or before 31 May 1999 we review results from the OVRO
and BIMA phase correction systems.

DECISION: 183 GHz or 22 GHz phase correction?

DECISION: Is a nutating secondary necessary?

DECISION: What is the effect of 1/f noise in the HEMT amplifiers of SIS
receivers upon our ability to combine total power and interferometric images
into a faithful representation of the sky?

MEETINGS: Holography PDR 19 April MEETINGS: MOC meeting 12-13 May 1999,
Tucson. MEETINGS: MAC meeting 19 May 1999 at noon. ------

--------

Travel

------

T. Helfer:

A. Wootten: 12-13 April 43m observing 28 May - 3 Jun AAS 5-9 Jun I99 9 - 13
Jun CSO

J. Mangum:

M. Yun:

B. Butler: