[Gbtpipeline-announce] gbtpipeline version 1.3

Announcements related to the Green Bank Telescope pipeline. gbtpipeline-announce at listmgr.nrao.edu
Tue Sep 20 12:08:32 EDT 2016

Dear GBT Mapping Pipeline Users,

The release version of the pipeline (gbtpipeline) was updated today to version
1.3.  If necessary, you can still access the previous release (1.2) with
gbtpipeline-old.

I suggest you switch to the release version if you are currently using
gbtpipeline-test, as it will be more stable for future use.  The test version
will change on occasion, so you can still look to gbtpipeline-test for bug fixes
before they appear in a release.

This biggest change in this release is replacing AIPS imaging with the
gbtgridder.  AIPS is still supported with Green Bank provided scripts for users
who prefer not to take advantage of the gbtgridder.  See the pipeline user's
guide for details.

The release notes and User's Guide can be found here:
https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/GB/Gbtpipeline/PipelineRelease

Also, note that as of ** October 1, 2016 ** resources devoted to the pipeline
will be for maintenance only.  New feature development is not anticipated at
this time.

If you have any trouble running the pipeline or need help updating your scripts
to work with the new code, please do not hesitate to ask.  You can email me
<jmasters at nrao.edu>, Jim Braatz <jbraatz at nrao.edu> or Bob Garwood
<bgarwood at nrao.edu> for assistance.

Joe