[Gbtpipeline-announce] Fwd: Emergency lustre maintenance

Announcements related to the Green Bank Telescope pipeline. gbtpipeline-announce at listmgr.nrao.edu
Tue Feb 24 09:28:05 EST 2015

To anyone actively using the pipeline with the lustre file system.  The /lustre/pipeline/ directories will be unavailable for much of today.   The directories will be fully restored at the end of maintenance.  Details below.

Joe

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Emergency lustre maintenance
Date: 2015-02-24 9:14 am
From: "Chris Clark" <cclark at nrao.edu>
To: gblogon at nrao.edu
Cc: dhalstea at nrao.edu, sgeiger at nrao.edu

If you do not use the lustre filesystem you can stop reading now.

Due to the extreme low temperatures our computer room cooling system is
unreliable and with the GBT being out of service for maintenance we are
taking advantage of the current situation to perform some maintenance on
the lustre filesystem.

There will be no access to the lustre filesystem and related machines for
an estimated 5-6 hours From 09:30 today.

Our apologies for the lack of prior notice.

Chris