[fitswcs] Distortions

Mark Calabretta mark at calabretta.id.au
Thu May 9 21:55:20 EDT 2019

Hi Bill,

WCSLIB implements Paper IV and all of the conventional distortion
functions that I know of.  See

  http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/mcalabre/WCS/wcslib/dis_8h.html

I recommend using the TPD distortion.  It conforms to the Paper IV
formalism, can handle 1-D as well as 2-D distortions, is a superset of
TPV, SIP, DSS, TNX, & ZPX, and is optimized for speed.

Regards,
Mark Calabretta

On Wed, 8 May 2019 14:50:44 +0000