[fitswcs] [fitsbits] FITS WCS Paper V: Time - Draft for Review

William Thompson William.T.Thompson at nasa.gov
Wed Jan 4 18:30:59 EST 2012

Lucio Chiappetti wrote:

> (3.6 last sentence "Caution")
>
>   Does a reference exist for the convention described ?

This convention is incorporated into the most recent version of ISO-8601, which
already appears in the bibliography.

Since we're already referencing Pope Gregorius, one could also reference the
work crediting with originating this convention:

Cassini, J., 1740, Tables astronomiques DU Soleil et de la Lune, des Planetes,
des Etoiles fixes et des Satellites de Jupiter et de Saturne avec l'explication
et l'usage

Bill

--
William Thompson