[fitswcs] Draft WCS Paper V: Time; Verion 0.73

William Thompson William.T.Thompson at nasa.gov
Tue Oct 13 15:04:25 EDT 2009

Here are some comments on the latest draft.

* In section 3.3.4, the keyword TREFDIR is mistakenly referred to as the Time
   Reference Position.  It should be Time Reference Direction.

* In section 3.3.5, reference is made to DE200 and DE405.  I believe that the
   current standard is DE421.

* I put together those example FITS files rather hurriedly, and missed the fact
   that the value of TTYPE should be 'UTC' rather than 'TIME'.  It would be
   better to change to CTYPE4='UTC' instead of saying

CTYPE4  = 'TIME    '       / Might also have been 'UTC'

* The CTYPE3 keyword is repeated in Tables 5 and 6.

* It might be useful to put in a comment after the keyword PC4_2 along the
   lines of

PC4_2  =       -0.00832947 / Relationship between time and Solar X

* In Table 6, one can also add a comment after PC4_3

PC4_3  =        0.00109510 / Relationship between time and Solar Y