[fitswcs] Draft WCS Paper V: Time

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 3 16:46:58 EDT 2009

Bill,

Thank you very much for your comments. They are helpful (of course).
I'll respond more thoroughly later, but can you clarify your third item:
Do I understand you to say that you have an n-dimensional image where
one axis is time as well as, say, a spatial coordinate?

On EXPTIME: The list of keywords in 3.6 is obviously incomplete (and
will always be, since it is there for illustrative purposes), but it
would be good to add EXPTIME and some others. I also know plenty of
FITS files with the keyword EXPTIME, but unfortunately it does not
have the same meaning: it is exposure time, alright, but the single
frame exposure time.
So, it can't very well rise to the level of a standard :(

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu