[fitswcs] Polarization codes

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 13 16:58:24 EDT 2008

Hi Paddy -

This sounds like a visualisation or analysis issue.  Probably the
physical dataset should stick with (I,Q,U) if that is how data is
observed.  If a rendered value is computed, that could result in a
packed value represented as a 2-D image or image plane, with a UCD
or some layered convention used to describe what the pixel quantity
represents (or alternatively just use JPEG or some such).  As you say,
there is no standard way to describe things in this level of detail,
but it would be best to not over complicate the core standards.

	- Doug