[fitswcs] Start of the WCS Paper III Public Comment Period

Mark Calabretta mcalabre at atnf.CSIRO.AU
Sun Oct 24 20:36:46 EDT 2004

On Fri 2004/10/22 14:46:03 CST, Eric Greisen wrote
in a message to: Patrick Wallace <ptw at star.rl.ac.uk>
and copied to: fitswcs at nrao.edu, William Pence <William.D.Pence at nasa.gov>

> > * 5.1, final paragraph:  in "refraction effects which are naturally" I
> >   suspect that "that" is more correct than "which".

I think the sense here is that all (optical) interference and refraction
effects are naturally expressed in terms of wavelength, in which case I
believe it should be "which".  (This is a a good example where changing
between "which" and "that" subtly changes the meaning of the sentence.)

>keyword.  As Stve points out the table form that one would usually
>adopt id DATAna which is a bit unfortunate.  Does it actually conflict
>with anything however?  The new papers are found from my main page

I really dislike this.  DAVGna would be preferable.

Cheers, Mark